- The Nottawasaga Lighthouse Preservation Society is a volunteer, not-for-profit group formed in 2015 by concerned & enthusiastic individuals for the restoration & protection of the historic Nottawasaga Island Lighthouse for the people of Canada.
- Navigational aids such as lighthouses have played an integral part in Canada’s maritime history and were important contributors to the communities in which they are located.
- Working with various governmental agencies and garnering public support to restore and preserve the Nottawasaga Island Lighthouse, the Society hopes to create a unique and accessible destination experience that will serve to illustrate and educate the public at large of the significant importance that this and the five other “Imperial Towers” around the Great Lakes have made to our local maritime heritage and culture.
- Protect the important architectural and cultural significance which makes the Nottawasaga Island Lighthouse a significant part of Canada’s Great Lakes marine heritage for the benefit of all Canadians
- Ensure the heritage resources of the Nottawasaga Island Lighthouse are protected, by conserving the lighthouse in a manner that recognizes its significant and irreplaceable historic legacy, and by promoting community awareness, understanding, and enjoyment of this heritage to ensure the continued existence of this iconic structure